The main lodge at Whitecap Mountain ski resort at Upson in Iron county burned to the ground Friday afternoon and evening. Reports in the Ironwood Globe indicated Iron County fire departments worked to save the check-in area on the south end of the main lodge. The fire is said to have started about 4 p.m. in a chimney with a fireplace near the cafe. Much of the building was recently renovated. 70 people had been working at the ski resort after opening for the season about a month ago. Smoke...
- The Ice Storm of 1922
- Fight off Cabin Fever with Winter Hunting
- Event Highlights Rhinelander's History of Hobos and Their Symbols
- New Early Voting Restrictions Could Significantly Impact the Northwoods
- Paul Browne: the "Grand Old Man” of the Rhinelander Paper Company
- How Trees Adapt with Changes in Elevation