MADISON, Wis. - As Wisconsin's new governor steps into office and the State Legislature begins a new term, policy groups say it's important for lawmakers to remember the voters who elected them. At 61 percent, Wisconsin had the second highest voter turnout in the nation for the November 2018 midterms, far exceeding turnout in similar elections. Lisa Lamkins, advocacy director for federal issues with AARP Wisconsin, points out that 58 percent of that record turnout was comprised of voters ages...
- The Ice Storm of 1922
- Fight off Cabin Fever with Winter Hunting
- Event Highlights Rhinelander's History of Hobos and Their Symbols
- New Early Voting Restrictions Could Significantly Impact the Northwoods
- Paul Browne: the "Grand Old Man” of the Rhinelander Paper Company
- How Trees Adapt with Changes in Elevation