WXPR News and More
WXPR news is our own medley of newsworthy and interesting events and topics that are making headlines locally and elsewhere.
Job Posting- Community Features Editor
WXPR PUBLIC RADIO
COMMUNITY FEATURES EDITOR
The Community Features Editor will serve as a news and information provider for WXPR Public Radio in Rhinelander, WI. Reporting to the News Director, the CFE's primary duties will be to locate, train, and coordinate "citizen journalists" within WXPR's coverage area - Ironwood, MI to Wausau, WI and Iron Mountain, MI to Phillips, WI. The CFE will increase local content by coordinating citizen journalists who create news and cultural features within their communities and submit them to the WXPR newsroom.
• Locate, train, and coordinate citizen journalists.
• Edit, produce, and deliver broadcast and website news and cultural features.
• Research and write news and features.
• Assist cultural contributors in techniques of sound rich, broadcast quality production.
• Utilize digital sound gathering and editing equipment and photography.
• Host news programs.
• Attend meetings and events to gather local news.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
• One year journalism experience, preferably in public broadcasting.
• Strong editing, writing, and on-air skills.
• Proficiency using audio editing systems, radio field and studio equipment, and online technology.
• Knowledge of radio automation software.
Salary 29-32K DOE, health insurance, HSA, vacation, sick time, and contributions to life, disability, and retirement. Hours are variable, can include nights and weekends. WXPR is an EEO Employer.
WXPR is an independent community public radio station serving the Northwoods of Wisconsin and Michigan’s western Upper Peninsula with NPR News and extensive, unique music programming. From Rhinelander studios, WXPR broadcasts to a 70-mile radius at 100,000 watts, with additional coverage at 100.9 FM in Ironwood, MI, WXPW 91.7 FM in Wausau, WI, and www.wxpr.org
Submit letter of interest, resume, three work references and audio sample to Peg Arnold, Station Manager, WXPR Public Radio, 28 N. Stevens St., Rhinelander, WI 54501, or to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Closes 2-15-13.