The Marathon County Board revived funding for five nonprofits at a budget meeting Thursday night. Six others will have their funding cut by a quarter. The board had originally planned to cut 25 percent of the funding to all 11 nonprofits, but held onto full funding for the North Central Action Committee, The Women's Community, United Way's 2-1-1 program, the Educational Bootcamp, and the Marathon County Historical Society. “I don’t like choosing these over the other ones, but as far as the...
- As Mine, Pipeline Considered, Researcher Completes Study Of Northern Wisconsin Private Wells
- Buffalo Bill and the Wild West Show
- Field Notes: The Botany Of Thanksgiving
- Habitat Formed by Dead Trees
- Northwoods Researcher Finds Tree Ring Sizes Match Historic Lake Levels, Giving Window Into Past
- Rhinelander's Playwright