Springtime woodpecker worries are the focus of this week’s Wildlife Matters, as the Masked Biologist tackles another Curious North question from one of our listeners. I get questions or concerns pretty frequently about woodpeckers hurting or killing trees, so when I saw this Curious North question, I thought I would try to address Jane Trotter’s concerns. She asks “A Hairy Woodpecker is busily working on a Hemlock tree right outside our bedroom window. The Hemlock appears to be alive and well...
- Do Woodpeckers Hurt Trees?
- Sustaining Lake Superior in an Uncertain Future
- Why Are the Rhinelander Paper Smokestacks Missing the Letter "G" in Glassine?
- Bird's-Eye Wood: Beautiful and Renewable
- How Can We Accommodate Wildlife in Our Backyards?
- One of the Best Fishing Lures in America Is Made in Antigo Using Squirrel Tails