In March, Misty Jackson from the Bad River Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians participated in a fashion show with the goal of highlighting the problem of missing and murdered indigenous women. Beth Tornes continues our We Live Up Here series with the story. When Misty Jackson walked down the runway at the fashion show in Billings, Montana, the audience was surprised and moved by her creation. Jackson wore a full-length silver and red ribbon skirt imprinted with red hands. Written on the...
- Remembering Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women Through a Skirt
- Remembering McNown's General Store in Harshaw
- How Can We Assess the Health of a Lake, River, or Forest?
- This Castle in Tomahawk Has Been 30 Years in the Making
- Early Exploration, the War of 1812, and the First U.S. Gov. Initiatives
- Trees Have an Amazing Resistance to Decay Fungi