Toilet paper. Yeast. Bikes. The latest pandemic shortage? Flowers. Mother’s Day bouquets are the latest hot commodity to join the lengthening list of COVID-19 induced shortages. The effects of this shortage can be felt all the way in the Northwoods. Ruth Hempel is the owner of Forth Floral in Rhinelander. “I haven’t been able to get things as easily as other years,” Ruth Hempel, the owner of Forth Floral in Rhinelander, said. “Yeah, there is a cut flower shortage this year.” Hempel said...
- A Farm Reborn with a Purpose: Phillips Couple Grows CBD to Help Veterans Sleep
- Hurley Native in the Cold War
- Porcupines: Pests or Pets?
- The History of Northwoods Garbage Collection
- Nonprofits of the Northwoods: All That's Happening with Oneida County 4-H
- The Pandemic Induced City Families to Escape to the Northwoods. They’ve Stayed.