Director of Operations and Technology
WXPR Public Radio, an award-winning NPR affiliate station in Rhinelander, WI, is seeking an IT professional responsible for supporting and maintaining mission critical audio and information technology equipment in a broadcast environment.
· Oversee and maintain the ENCO automation software and the on-air computer system
· Maintain in-house networking security and proper network documentation
· Schedule / perform routine computer / broadcast equipment maintenance at the station
· Coordinate and work with contract engineers on our transmission technology
· Complete preventative maintenance at transmitter and studio sites
· Serve as FCC Chief Operator responsible for Emergency Alert System operations and official FCC logs
· Produce promotional announcements for station programming
· Manage all other technical aspects at WXPR, including our digital stream, remote broadcasting equipment, phone system, and music library software
· Collaborate with station team on pledge drives and station events
· Keep an eye on emerging technologies that might benefit the station
· Other duties as necessary
· Strong IT knowledge through vocational / technical training or appropriate work experience
· Knowledge of FCC and other federal, state and local broadcasting regulations
· Self-motivated, organized, good time-management skills, and ability to perform assigned duties with little supervision
· Demonstrated ability to work through difficult and stressful situations
· Passion for figuring out how things work and troubleshooting problems
· Skilled in operating radio equipment
· Knowledge and understanding of radio communications facilities and distribution systems
· Ability to oversee, coordinate, and support the execution of continuous broadcast schedules on a 24X7 basis
· Paid Holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
· Retirement plan
· Health, Life, and Disability Insurance
Please send a cover letter and resume by to WXPR General Manager Jessie Dick: firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
WXPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, sex, or age.