© 2024 WXPR
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Fire Damages Merrill Home

Merrill Fire Department Facebook

Fire damaged a home in Merrill, but everyone got out safely.

According to a Facebook post from the Merrill Fire Department, a call came in just after 3:00 a.m. Thursday about a fire in the 1900 block of West Main Street. 

Firefighters found flames coming out of a second story window when they arrived.  The crew first attacked the fire from the outside, then moved inside to extinguish the blaze.

All three occupants of the home, and their pets were able to get out safely.  The Merrill Fire Department credits smoke detectors for helping the residents to escape.

Fire damage was limited to the second floor.  The fire is considered accidental, and may have been caused by an electrical issue.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

Up North Updates
* indicates required