Every weekday at 1:06 p.m., WXPR Public Radio airs a local news roundup with all of our top stories from the last 24 hours.You can keep track of this newscast by subscribing to the WXPR Local Newscast podcast, wherever you get your podcasts.
WXPR News: Tuesday, March 23, 2021
- The Lincoln County Health Department did not properly prepare and wasted 100 doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
- Firefighters are still on a alert after a weekend of nearly 100 wildland fires throughout the state
- Aspirus plans to base a medical helicopter at Howard Young Medical Center in Woodruff
- Chippewa tribes blast Wisconsin wolf hunt, saying the state did not consult with tribes before launching the spring hunt
- A local tribal commission responds to Deb Haaland’s confirmation as the first indigenous person to be Interior Secretary