Schools districts in the Northwoods continue to navigate and further education through the COVID-19 pandemic. Schools have offered families options when it comes to their child's education this school year. It includes in-person, virtual, and a hybrid of the two.
The following is a list of the impact COVID-19 has had on local districts. This list will be updated regularly.
School District of Rhinelander:
- Crescent Elementary School: Went remote for two weeks, in-person classes have resumed
- Pelican Elementary School: Went remote for two weeks, in-person classes have resumed
- Bus routes running normal again
Three Lakes School District:
- Three Lakes Junior High: Went remote for two weeks, in-person classes have resumed
- Entire District went to remote learning on October 22. In-person classes resumed Nov. 2
Elcho School District:
- Elcho Middle & High School switched to remote learning for the week of October 5, in-person classes have resumed.
- Jefferson Elementary School: remote learning until Nov. 17
- Washington Elementary School: remote learning until Dec. 1
- Kate Goodrich Elementary School: remote learning until Dec. 1
- Prairie River Middle School: remote learning until Dec. 1
School District of Phelps:
- Phelps School Building closed October 31. Student are virtual/remote learning through Nov. 15
- Districts within the Gogebic-Ontonagon Intermediate School District have switched to virtual/remote learning through November 13 for those within Gogebic County and Nov. 20 for those in Ontonagon County.
- Ironwood Area Schools returned to in-person classes November 16.
- All Michigan high school classes are ordered by Gov. Whitmer's administration to go to remote learning for three weeks starting November 18.
School District of Crandon:
- District went remote for two weeks on Oct. 2, in-person classes resumed Oct. 19
Goodman-Armstrong Creek School District:
- District switch to remote/virtual learning on Oct. 9, in-person classes resumed Oct. 26
Prenctice School District
- District switched to remote/virtual learning November 17. In-person classes tenatatively set to resume Nov. 30
If you see something that needs updating, please email email@example.com.