Area Governments Get Part Of New State Transportation Funding
Several Northwoods road projects got funding as part of an announcement this week from Governor Tony Evers.
- The City of Eagle River picked up $750,000 to redo Pleasure Island Road which runs behind the Derby Track and goes to Northland Pines school.
- In Price county, a million dollars is allocated to the Town of Lake for work on Agenda Road.
- The Bad River Band of Lake Superior Chippewa will receive $500,000 for a bridge on the Northern Lights trail.
- The Town of Wabeno in Forest county will get almost $200,000 for work on Rummels Road.
- Two roads in Langlade county were funded. In the Town of Evergreen, $182,000 for Grudgeville road, and in the Town of Price, almost $100,000 for Hill Road.
- In Lincoln county, county highway "G" will get $560,000, while the Town of Corning will get $213,000 for the Devil Creek Bridge.