How to Listen to WXPR
You can find WXPR Public Radio wherever you are! Whether you're listening on a radio, a cell phone, or a smart speaker, WXPR brings you accurate news and authentic music each and every day. Here are all the ways you can find WXPR:
For desktop and laptop, click the green play icon in the upper left of your screen. If you're on your cell phone or tablet, tap the green play icon on the bottom left of your screen. The program that is currently playing will be listed next to the play icon.
WXPR's online stream is an in-page persistent player and will play no matter where you go on our website!
For desktop and laptop users: please note, the player works best with newer and up-to-date browsers. Ad blockers are known to interfere with the player. Please whitelist wxpr.org in your extension or disable it to ensure the listening experience works.
Please contact us if you notice quality issues with the online stream.
WXPR can be heard on your radio at 91.7 FM in a 70-mile radius of Rhinelander, Wisconsin, with extended service to Ironwood, Michigan via translator at 100.9 FM, and through a shared transmitter in Wausau, Wisconsin at 91.9 FM WXPW.
If you have an Amazon Echo (Alexa), just say "Alexa, play WXPR"
For Google Home (Ok Google or Hey Google) say "Hey Google, play WXPR on TuneIn."
For Apple HomePod (Siri) say, "Hey Siri, play WXPR."
Learn more about listening to WXPR on your smart speaker with this guide from NPR.
You can take WXPR with you wherever you go on the free WXPR App!
- Listen to live on-air WXPR programming
- Notifications about the latest breaking news, the day's big news story, and more
- Read the latest news and information from WXPR and NPR
- Explore On-Demand content: Listen to WXPR features like Native Voices and All Things Outdoors
- DVR-Like Controls: You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off – or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
- Full Program Schedules: View the current and upcoming schedules for WXPR.
- Share: Share interesting stories and programs with your friends using Twitter and Facebook.
Podcasts allow you to listen to WXPR features whenever and wherever you want. You can listen to a podcast through a website or you can download a podcast and listen independent of internet access.
To listen online:
- On wxpr.org, go to the Features and Podcasts tab to find individual podcasts and episodes.
- On our app, look for the Features and Commentaries section.
To download WXPR podcasts:
- For iPhones and iPads, use the Podcasts app. It comes installed on your device, or you can get it from the App Store. In the Podcasts app, search for any WXPR podcast and then hit subscribe.
- For Android phones and tablets, you can download WXPR podcasts wherever you get your podcasts, including NPR One, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and more.
Sign up to receive emails from WXPR, including our weekday news email, to make sure you have the latest information!