Become a Business Supporter
Associate your business with WXPR's award-winning news and authentic, independent music!
Join over 100 businesses in supporting local public radio that provides listeners with local news and feature stories, information about area events and activities, emergency announcements, and a variety of music and entertainment.
Benefits of Underwriting:
- Effective use of marketing dollars with sustainable outcomes
- Consistent/continued growth through public awareness
- Grow a positive image through WXPR’s great local content as well as NPR broadcasts
As a WXPR business supporter, you will:
- Receive Effective Marketing
- National studies show that listeners not only obtain a more positive image of a business that underwrites on public radio, but they are also more likely to support that business.
- Reach a Focused Audience
- Public radio reduces the clutter and delivers short, concise messages detailing YOUR support. Your marketing dollars go farther and reach your desired audience.
- Gain Online Exposure
- Receive 24/7 display on wxpr.org. Your name and location will be displayed in the “Business Sponsors” section of our website.
- Receive Extra Messages as a Non-Profit
- WXPR matches all non-profit organization contracts with bonus messages!
Sponsorship Opportunities include:
- On-air messaging
- Digital sponsorship
- News feature sponsorship
- Live performance sponsorship
About your on-air message
Underwriting messages are read live on the air and your message is tailored specifically to describe your business or organization. Messages are approximately 20 seconds in length and may include the following: business or organization name, contact information, value-neutral description of products and services, or historical information, such as number of years you’ve served the area.
Please note: Underwriting messages are regulated by the FCC. Their guidelines state that messages may not include promotional, comparative or qualitative language, pricing or calls to action.
Digital underwriting opportunities: