Fire Damages Rhinelander Mobile Home
The fire that severely damaged a Rhinelander mobile home was caused by a heater trying to thaw pipes.
Fire Chief Terry Williams reports they were called Tuesday afternoon to 329 Woodland Heights Terrace...
".....when we arrived on scene, the rear half of the mobile home was on fire. What had happened was the residents were using a kerosene fired torpedo heater underneath the mobile home to thaw out frozen water pipes...."
The fire heavily damaged that half of the mobile home. Williams says between smoke and water damage, the structure could be a total loss. Williams says no serious injuries were reported, though there were some minor injuries that didn't need further medical assistance.
The American Red Cross placed the occupants in temporary housing and is offering further assistance.