COVID-19 Community Resources
Community Resources- Information on childcare, healthcare, food programs, volunteer needs and other community resources.
Area Chamber Updates and Local Business Information
N.A.M.I.- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (N.A.M.I.) Northern Lakes is temporarily closed is alignment with local health services recommendations. If you or know of someone who is in need of Peer Support, there are Peer Support Specialists available via phone or email. More information at 715-369-4740.
Rhinelander Area Food Pantry- The Rhinelander Food Pantry is open for regular distribution times. Mondays (3-6p), Wednesdays (4-7p) and Saturdays (10:30a-1p). The only difference is, customers will not be allowed in the building, but rather remain in their vehicles until they can come up to the front door, one at a time, to receive their food allotment.
Rhinelander District Library – Due to the extremely high rise in COVID-19 cases in our community, and Wisconsin’s Executive Order #94, Rhinelander District Library will be offering contact-free, curbside pickup services only, starting November 17, 2020, until further notice. Hours of operation are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8:30am-4:40pm; and Tuesday and Thursday 8:30am- 5:50pm. RDL staff will assist you to schedule a no-contact, curbside appointments during these times. Materials may be returned to the library via dropbox from Monday 8:30am until Friday 5 pm.
Please reserve materials online with your library card at www.rhinelanderlibrary.org or by phone 715-365-1070. Our expert staff will be happy to select something for you or place a hold on items available in the library catalog. Once notified your materials are ready, please call to make an appointment for curbside pickup.
St. Augustine Episcopal Church- in Rhinelander will be hosting The Table, the free meal program held the last day of each month, with some adjustments. Rather than being served on-site, take-out meals will be provided. You may pick up your family’s meals beginning at 5:30pm. Delivery can be arranged by calling the delivery request phone number prior to 3pm Tuesday, June 30th, at 715-420-0066.
School District of Rhinelander- Please note that the times for food pick-up at Rhinelander High School has changed. The days will remain the same: Mondays and Thursdays. However, the times are changing. The new time will be 7:00 am - 11:30 am. There will be no afternoon pick-ups.
Demmer Library- UPDATED Tuesday, January 5, 2021
We are adding services we feel can be done safely and as staffing allows. Check back to see changes. We appreciate everybody’s patience and understanding as we figure this out! Most recent updates highlighted in yellow.
Current services and hours:
- Open days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Wednesdays: 12 PM – 7 PM
- Limited in-person services
- Visitors will be welcome for 30 minutes of browsing and/or public computer use per day
- 10 users will be allowed in the upper level at one time.
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors to the building and all entering the building will be asked to use hand sanitizer, wash hands, and wipe down public computers and spaces before and after using them.
- Librarians will also be wearing face masks and disinfecting public spaces
- Monday 10 AM – 7 PM
- Wednesday 10 AM – 12 PM
- Front doors are open for pick-up of reserved library materials, free magazine/puzzle exchange, and used book sale when interior of library is closed.
- Extended self-service vestibule hours:
- We will deliver! Request home delivery by calling 715-546-3391 or emailing email@example.com
- Request a book/movie bundle. Not sure of exact titles you want? Demmer staff can select items for you. Call us or fill out the Book/Movie Bundle request form.
- Curbside delivery will still be available upon request. Call us when you arrive and we’ll bring your items out to you.
This month the Demmer Library in Three Lakes proudly hosts
“Coffee and Kids” on Thursday, January 14 at 10:00 a.m. via Bluejeans. What is Coffee & Kids? It’s a resource you can use to help you navigate the realities of teaching children at home. Retired educators Ann Asbeck, Mari Lynn Garbowicz, and Beth Jacobson spend each session focusing on answering your questions, addressing yourconcerns, and providing you with support.
The group also welcomes topic ideas from you. Visit the Demmer Library website at www.demmerlibrary.org, click on “Library Services” and then “Coffee and Kids”. Use the Google Form to submit questions, concerns, and topic ideas you have related to teaching your student(s) at home.
The Demmer Library will be setting up these meetings using the Blue Jeans virtual platform. Please contact the library at 715-546-3391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending Coffee and Kids. The link and log in information will be sent via e-mail.
For more information on this and other library programs, please call the library at 715-546-3391 or visit www.demmerlibrary.org.
Northwoods Wildlife Center- The Northwoods Wildlife Center is taking necessary precautions due to COVID-19. Spring is a busy time as many may find orphaned or injured animals on their property. NWC is available to help 24/7 at 715-356-7400.