Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations
Local News

Generator-caused fire burns Bessemer home

Bessemer.jpg
Gogebic County Sheriff's Office
/
A fire burned a home in Bessemer on Tuesday.

A generator appears to have started a fire that burned a home in Bessemer on Tuesday.

First responders got the call to report to the home on Lead Street around 7:30 a.m.

The people inside had already gotten out by the time help arrived. No one was hurt.

The Gogebic County Sheriff’s Office says a generator running adjacent to the home likely caused the fire.

Several organizations responded to the fire.